2011년 1월 11일 화요일

Blog Post # 7 - Personal Space

     Picture explanaion : '우리집'(our house) is written korea house gate.        



Why do Koreans require less personal space than Americans?

     I think that Koreans aware of  'We, our,us,ours' subtly.
For example, Koreans speak 'our school is, our class, our company, our team, our house...' in process of growth and routine.
But I learn and heard that American not use such as 'our school, our class,,,' language.
In that respect, I guess that language expression in country affects personal space.
So, Koreans speaking 'our' expression require less personal space than Americans.


Why do Americans require more personal space than Koreans?
    
    America is various racial.
In such a case, I guess that maybe each Americans may want to such as 'distinguish or a charateristic' in various racial.
So, I think that These ideas affects personal space.

댓글 4개:

  1. you are right. We say my mom as our mommy.

    답글삭제
  2. I don't think I agree with your idea about America being "racial", since different races in America may actually have different ideas about personal space because of the different cultures within only America. I think you may be somewhat correct about what you said about Koreans use of "we", "our", and other words to signify the group. I think I would say "my country" or "my home" more often than "our country" or "our home". Interesting...

    답글삭제
  3. I agree korean says "our". This is korea culture.

    답글삭제
  4. It is various according to individual fancy.

    답글삭제